Thursday, February 7, 2013

Braces

On Monday Yin had braces put on her top teeth. There is a trip or two to the oral surgeon before the bottom braces can be put on. The child has 5, yes 5 teeth that have no room to come in; so we are pulling a few and moving the rest around.

Yin is of course a bit ADHsquirelly, as I have mentioned before. This child has never stopped talking once she started, seriously she talks in her sleep. When we were at the orthodontists office they put this medieval torture looking device in her mouth and she couldn't talk. She then began to wiggle, just a bit and was told to hold still. Yin struggled but managed. Then wonder of wonders they painted her teeth blue, yes blue!

It was too good to resist. I grabbed the phone, jumped up and snapped a picture of her..mouth stretched wide, teeth blue and her looking a bit like a donkey.

BLACKMAIL money shot I swear. I also promised to show her husband the picture the night before her wedding; because I am evil like that.

After the torture was over and braces were on, the dental hygienist is giving her a goody bag. This woman had yet to crack a smile at anything. Not the jokes about Yin being silent for the first time in a decade, not the picture, nope she was so stoic I actually texted my husband about her missing sense of humor. She told Yin about "goody bag" contents: the toothbrushes and wax and timers ect and then said "and you get a t-shirt, what size would you like?" and Yin deadpans with perfect pitch. "Five thousand dollars and I get a T-shirt." I laughed out loud, the hygienist even almost broke a smile. I may have gotten the mouth money shot, but Yin won the day with her one liner.

No comments:

Post a Comment